How to get your car back

To reclaim your vehicle you must attend the pound to prove your identity, prove your ownership of the vehicle and pay the statutory charges (if applicable).

You will be required and original versions of the following:

  • Proof of identity – Valid photographic ID (see below)
  • Proof of ownership – The full log book (V5C) or a new keeper supplement (V5C/10) with a verifiable and ‘in date’ bill of sale
  • MOT – Unless the vehicle is being removed from the pound on a recovery truck, it will need either a valid MOT (depending on the age of the vehicle) or evidence of a  pre-booked MOT appointment, before it can be driven on the road
  • Insurance certificate – Unless the vehicle is covered by a valid insurance policy, it cannot be driven on the road. It must be removed from the pound on a recovery truck. Remember that it is an offence to keep an uninsured vehicle, even if it off the road, unless it has been declared SORN.

Our specialists can arrange the insurance for you straight away. We can arrange short term or annual policies, just call us on 0161 975 6109